The Poetry Fold is committed to protecting the privacy of its contacts and visitors to its websites, and regards the protection of personal data as being of fundamental importance.
Personal information is held securely and treated with the utmost care. Your details will never under any circumstances be passed to any third parties.
The Poetry Fold will not use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither The Poetry Fold nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Further information about cookies
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standard and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a series of web pages which explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.
Disabling and enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. The IAB site tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. This advice currently comprises the following steps (N.B.: Please check the IAB site for the latest guidance).
If you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- open ‘Windows Explorer’;
- click on the ‘Search’ button on the tool bar;
- type ‘cookie’ into the search box for ‘Folders and files’;
- select ‘My computer’ in the ’Look in’ box;
- click ‘Search now’;
- double click on the folders that are found;
- select any cookie file; and then
- use the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard.
- If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select ‘cookies’ in the ‘Help’ function for information on where to find your cookie folder.